Shipping and Returns
- DAILY ORDER CUT OFF IS 2:00 CT - We ship orders via United Parcel Service (UPS) only. A street address is required for UPS delivery, UPS will not deliver to PO Boxes. Shipping charges are not included in the merchandise purchase price. When ordering from Porter's Online Store, the shipping charge is automatically calculated when checking out. UPS 3 Day Select, 2nd Day Air and Next Day Air shipping upgrades may also be selected. High value packages ship with signature and ID required. Please have your ID available when accepting the delivery. Please be aware that UPS shipping time estimates do not include the day of pick-up, weekends or UPS observed Holidays.
The shipping weight on some items represents "dimensional weight" for calculating freight and may be higher than the actual, physical weight of the product.
Order approval is a step beyond credit card authorization that Porter's takes to help protect our customers from fraudulent use of their credit information. If an order is placed on HOLD pending further verification a message will be sent to the email address supplied on the order form. Orders on HOLD can delay shipment for up to one business day. If Porter's requests additional information from the buyer and there is no response within 24 hours the order may be canceled and a refund issued to the credit card.
Over 97% of the merchandise Porter's offers is in stock and ships within 24 hours, we seldom have to backorder items. If an item is temporarily out of stock when you order it, the product will be sent to you the same day it is received in our warehouse. When you place a credit card order with us, your card will be billed for the entire merchandise amount and shipping charge. If an item is backordered, it will be so noted on the packing slip in the column marked "Quantity Backordered". The cost of this item will appear on the packing slip that is included with the backordered item when it is sent, but your card will not be billed a second time. There will be no additional shipping costs for backordered items...we pay them. If you wish to cancel a backorder, please contact our Customer Service Department and we will promptly do so and make the appropriate refund or adjustment.
APO and FPO Shipments
For APO and FPO service, please call our order lines at 800-553-2001 during normal business hours. Refer to the "How to Order" tab in the left column of this page. Normally we send APO/FPO shipments by SAM (Space Available Airmail). There is a 15 pound and 60 inch combined length/girth limit for SAM but no additional cost. If we can not ship via SAM, we ship by PAL which is also airmail. There is a 30 pound and 60 inch combined length/girth limit on PAL shipments. We can still ship boxes to APO/FPO addresses providing the combined length/girth does not exceed 100 inches and the total weight is less than 70 pounds. Where it seems practical, we will ship these packages airmail. When the cost is very high we will ship them by regular Parcel Post. If we have to add any extra shipping charges to an APO/FPO order, we will send the order and bill you for the added charge rather than hold up the order.
If you receive any merchandise that is damaged, defective or not as you ordered, save all packaging materials and contact our Customer Service Dept. at 1-800-553-2001 or e-mail: [email protected] within 30 days of invoice date.
We do not sell merchandise on approval or offer a free trial period. We cannot accept any item for return for any reason without prior return authorization from our Customer Service Dept. There will be a restocking charge of up to 30% unless we erred, and the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the merchandise back. The returned item must be packed in an outer shipping carton, with no shipping labels or markings on the inner manufacturer box. All goods requested for return will be inspected before a return will be approved and must be in original, new condition, unregistered, and include all original packaging, accessories, instructions, and blank warranty cards.
Items that qualified for free shipping on the original order that are being returned will have our standard shipping charges deducted from any refund or credit. Costs incurred in returning merchandise to Porter's warehouse are not refundable.
Credit will be issued for an approved return in the same manner as the original payment. Cash refunds will be paid by check from Porter’s Accounting Office, allow 10 to 14 days after receipt at our warehouse for processing.
Digital devices with memory, such as memory cards, USB drives, backup drives, digital picture frames are not returnable for credit or refund once they have been opened. They will be replaced if defective.
- Any product where the UPC symbol has been removed from the package
- Photo-sensitive goods (such as film and photo paper) are not returnable if these materials were shipped as ordered. Since photo-sensitive goods can be damaged by improper handling or storage, we will not risk sending returned potentially damaged photo-sensitive items to subsequent customers.
- Sealed electronic products are not returnable for credit or refund once the factory seals have been broken. This includes pre-recorded video programs, books, computer software and digital accessories that include software or drivers. If defective, a program or software will be replaced with the same title. Hardware will be repaired under the manufacturer's warranty.
- Special-ordered items are not returnable.